Wednesday, November 25, 2009

November 25th, 2009

I am thankful for the scriptures. I enjoy reading them and getting that lift everyday.
I know it is one of the most important things I can do.

Today I was reading in the D&C. (section 59) I read different then most people I think...
I read the footnotes and I write it all down. I only got through 4 verses, (vs. 6-9) but I learned a lot from the footnotes.
I had 2 favorites: Psalms 34:1 "I will bless the Lord at all times: his praise shall continually be in my mouth."
And James 1:27 "Pure religion and undefiled before God the Father is this, To visit the fatherless an the widows in their afflictions, and to keep himself unspotted from the world."

1 comment:

dhillman said...

I love the scriptures too! And you are not so different--I haven't read the footnotes for the D&C but I have for the Book of Mormon and I learned ALOT that way!