Thursday, March 17, 2011

Please tell me you've had a day like this...

5:30am-We get up for scriptures.
6:00-scriptures finish, fighting begins.
6:15-fighting continues.
6:30-still fighting...
6:45-someone is going to get hurt.
7:00-wait, what...my girls are fighting. NO way.
7:15-stop the fighting.
7:30-still fighting.
7:45-fighting, fighting, fighting.
8:00-fighting.
8:15-oh, that's right, their fighting.
8:30-leave for school. Fighting in the car.
8:40-talking to Samantha about fighting. Getting no where.
8:45-You need to go to school. You're late.
8:50-We'll talk later-you have to go.
9:00-"Get out of my car, or I will kill you."
9:00-Sam, "Oh wow!" gets out crying.
9:00am til forever-mom feeling guilty for harsh words towards daughter.

Bad day.

My only consolation: When I told my mom and dad about this, they couldn't stop laughing because they couldn't believe something like that came out of my mouth. I went and saw them in the evening and they were still chuckling about it even then.

8 comments:

daisy k said...

You my dear are NOT alone. We have those mornings too. I know exactly how you feel, because it really ruins the day. I sure hope you have a FABULOUS day today. You are such a good mommy and I love how much LOVE your family has - you can feel it just being by your family. I blame it on Satan trying to destroy strong families... He works really hard on the ones that are strongest. I sure LOVE YOU!!

Sorena said...

Thanks Kaye,
I needed to hear that.
I think you are right, satan is working hard.
I had to pick her up for the dentist at 10:30. We hugged and both said sorry.
She was great the rest of the day.
I was great too. :)

buttercup said...

We all have days like that. My daughters fight non-stop too, it seems. Last year one of the other kids made a new years resolution that those two would stop fighting--it had gotten so bad.

The thing is when your kids know you love them they'll forgive you for your moments of *gasp* imperfection ;)

My sister told me that she had asked my daughter if I ever yell at them and she replied "yes, but we usually deserve it when she does."--meaning sometimes moms reach their breaking points too.

Unknown said...

Oh sweet lady, I too have had numerous days of the bickering with my children especially with Hunter. I remember just having a similar day with him just a bit ago, and it was a sad day. I cried all the way to work, and then had to text him once I got to work, I just couldn't finish my day out feeling that low. Thankfully there is a such thing as unconditional love, and that holds us all together. I know through all my years of parenting, I have ALWAYS used your example to help me mother my children, you are an AWESOME mom, and I am grateful to watch it!

Briep said...

LOL. Madison is only 5 and we have had many days like this already. Everything sounded like my day but the scripture study. that is something that I need to work on.

Jennifer said...

Oh dear. I think you posted my morning last week. But the best part, you AND she BOTH said you were sorry. Lucky you had that appointment or you would have been sad all day. I KNOW IT! I vowed to say I was sorry to my children when I was wrong and what a difference that has made in our relationships. I love you!

Corey and Nikki Preston said...

That was how we grew up, my Dad used to joke, that there was a period time, that unless someone got spanked that the day wasn't going to end. You are an awesome Mom, and well, we are always going to have those days. Some days, I'm ready to give Derek to anyone who would take him. Your kids are wonderful, and you are wonderful, and I'm truly blessed to have you as neighbors.

Me said...

Ummm...yeah! In fact, Caleb said this to me the other day: "Mom, I will be really happy when you die." Then Tyler started crying.