Thursday, January 5, 2023

Good Works

 Good works 

Sometimes for me giving service to others feels like doing a whole lot of stuff I don't want to do. I'm trying to change my heart, but it's a long slow process.

I've been reading scriptures about service and here are some of my favorites.

Matthew 25:40. 

And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.

Mosiah 5:15

Therefore, I would that ye should be steadfast and immovable, always abounding in good works, that Christ, the Lord God Omnipotent, may seal you his, that you may be brought to heaven, that ye may have everlasting salvation and eternal life, through the wisdom, and power, and justice, and mercy of him who created all things, in heaven and in earth, who is God above all. Amen.

2 Corinthians 9:7

Every man according as his purposeth in his heart, so let him give; not grudgingly, or of necessity: for God loveth a cheerful giver. 

No comments: