Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Thanksgiving

What a fun holiday! We decided to get together on Wednesday to eat our pie and play games. We wanted to enjoy our pie and not be so stuffed on Thursday. It was a lot of fun. Mom pulled out rummycube of course...
Thursday we met at Whitney's. I was incharge of the pickles wrapped in cream cheese and ham, and the onions in cream cheese and cheddar cheese, the stuffing, the pistachio pudding. I made plain peach jello too...and of course chocolate pie and banana pie. I don't think I have prepared so much stuff for thanksgiving in all my life. It was fun because the girls helped me a lot and we got to spend some time in the kitchen together.
Brianne and Missy invented a new game, it is a cross between soccer, basketball and wall ball. You use a big yoga ball. It is intense. We call it "no apologizes." I think the name speaks for itself. I'll just say the name came about because Dustin hammered me in the face and gave me whiplash. I really don't think anyone went away without an injury!

6 comments:

dhillman said...

Sounds like I want to be the spectator of that game...I am admittedly a WIMP.
Glad to hear your holiday was great. We missed you, though!

Me said...

I think "No Apologies" sounds like "no fun". Just kidding. I concur with Danette, I think I will just watch and probably laugh at all of you sustaining injuries. It would be great fun. Ha Ha.

dhillman said...

Oh and I love the weekly funny sidebar thingy...I love the story of the squash! Made me lol!

Green Family Blog said...

How fun! Rumikub is now Hannah's favorite game, since being introduced ny Grandma. I love the pie/game night idea.

Sorena said...

You all make me laugh! I read these comments and laughed out loud myself!
I was glad to see how to spell Rumikub right too, I was too lazy to get up and go look at the game box.
I should have filmed Bubba and the squash-it still makes me laugh!
LOVE YOU ALL!!!!

Madison said...

Wish you guys were here for Thanksgiving! but sound like fun!