Tuesday, September 29, 2009

And baby makes NINE!!

Where do I begin...
After Nicolas I went to the Dr. and I said, "I am done having children, I need a permanent form of birth control." We talked about a lot of options and nothing was a good fit. In fact, I sat in his office and bawled my eyes out the whole time. I am not sure why, and I am sure that he thought that I was absolutely crazy!!!
So now, I am pregnant with my 9th child. I am thrilled, I am also very nervous and stressed out.
Why?
Let's see....Nine children, that is A LOT to take care of, that is a lot of mouths to feed. That is A LOT of college tuitions to pay. That is A LOT of weddings to plan. Seriously, what am I thinking?
But now I know "she" is coming, I don't want anything bad to happen.
I have an 18 year old. She is at college. I am that Mormon joke. "How do you know it's a mormon wedding? The bride isn't pregnant, her mother is." That is me....just a college student, not a bride.
These past few weeks have been a roller coaster ride that I have not enjoyed being on. What if there is something wrong. I am after all 41. That is pretty old. I am after all overweight! Both of those don't help my situation. What if there is something wrong, it will be ok. I have a lot of family and friends that will support me.
I went to the Dr. yesterday and had an ultrasound and saw "her" she is great, I saw "her" strong heartbeat, "her" arms, "her" face. She is real! She is coming! I wanted so much to just start crying, I said a little prayer of gratitude instead.
We are not rich by any means. Chris works at the MTC for crying out loud. You know the saying about a church job. The salary isn't great, but the benefits are eternal!
What am I thinking? I am not sure, but I wouldn't change a thing!! I am BLESSED!


P.S. I am calling this baby a girl because I had a dream about her before I knew I was pregnant.
Chris gave me a wonderful blessing when I was just a few weeks along. I need to think about that when I am nervous and stressed out.

P.S.S.
Bubba says if it is a girl, he is going to beat her up, and if it is a boy his name should be Hamburger Guy. Don't ask me...he is weird! But I get to laugh at him everyday!

7 comments:

Debbie said...

It's also A LOT of fun, joy, and laughter. It seems to me that you do a fabulous job of enjoying motherhood. Congratulations!

dhillman said...

Congratulations! It is ok to worry and wonder and then turn to the Lord. That is what life is all about. You are doing exactly what you are supposed to do and you will make it through and be amazing.

Brenda Smith said...

What a blessed child "she" will be. I only spent a few hours in your home and loved every minute of it - so much fun, laughter and love. Congratulations to you and to your new little one and your entire family. -Brenda

Green Family Blog said...

Oohh Sorena, I love you! The world will be a better place because of you and your posterity.:)

daisy k said...

You are one of those people that can have 9 children and LOVE them all the same.... I watch your family in Sacrament meeting all the time and there is so much LOVE on that bench. Congratulations....(I can't wait to meet her) When are you due

Unknown said...

Sorena, you gave me happy goosebumps and tears today! congratulations! There is no one in this world that I can think of that could do a better job at 9!! Regardless of your age or issues that you may think be weight! you are a wonderful mom and that sweet little girl is such a blessing! I am so happy for you and your family! yay!!! I am so excited to see those beautiful eyes of yet another Marble!

Katherine said...

Fun!!! I love Bubba's comment! So cute! In a slightly mean way:)