Saturday, March 30, 2013

My horrible learning experience:

So, I was doing some research on the computer today, and I accidentally typed ".com" instead of ".org" on the name I was looking up.  I was shocked and sickened by the images that popped up on my screen. I SCREAMED and tried to get out of that website.  It was awful.  My children were wondering what I was doing.  I just told them not to look.
It was so sad, and so sick and it hurt me so much.  It hurt me physically, it hurt me spiritually.  I went to clean the kitchen and I couldn't do it. I was just sad, and hurt.   I couldn't go back to the computer for about an hour.
I went into my room and I knelt down by my bed and I prayed to my Heavenly Father.  I prayed and asked Him to take the images out of my mind and to heal my soul.  I was crying, it wasn't just a tear or two, it was deep, heaving, deep down in my soul.  After a few minutes of being on my knees and pleading for help, I felt better.  I started to feel calm again, and my crying began to stop.
I am so grateful for the Savior.  I am grateful for the Atonement.  The things that happened in History, that we are celebrating this week, that made my repentance possible. That healed my soul. That healed my spirit.
I can now say that I know there are things on the internet that are harmful to us. I know why we are warned about them and I KNOW they do damage to us.  I have experienced it.
But the good news is, there is always hope! There is always a way to repent, and a way to return.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

It's terrible how a little mistake like that can lead you to that kind of sites.. I can't help wondering that when I have children of my own, how I can protect them from the darker sides of the internet? I know there's some programms which block some sites, but then there's other kind of stuff and terrible people too..

Unknown said...

Excellent and decent post. I found this much informative, as to what I was exactly searching for. Thanks for such post and please keep it up. Designer lehenga