Sunday, June 2, 2013

This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased...

So it's 2:00 in the morning and I can't sleep. I have been putting off this post for months now and well, now I can't sleep. So here it goes...
Matthew 3:17 And lo voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.
Mark 1:11 And there came a voice from heaven saying, Thou art my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.
Luke 3:22 And the Holy Ghost descended in a bodily shape like a dove upon him,  and a voice came from heaven, which said, Thou art my beloved Son; in thee I am well pleased.
2 Peter 1:17  For he received from God the Father honour and glory, when there came such a voice to him from the excellent glory, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.
This is Heavenly Father speaking about his Son, Jesus Christ. This is how He introduces the Son, His Son.
We can learn a lot from this sentence. I went to a fireside (a meeting where there is a speaker about religious things) I don't remember his name, but I think it was Bro. Nelson. I will look it up in the morning..anyway...
This is my beloved Son.  We can all put our names after this sentence. This is my Child, who I love dearly, insert your name here. We are all Sons and Daughters of a Heavenly Father who love us dearly. We are all brothers and sisters. Our worth NEVER changes. Our worth doesn't have any conditions on it. We are all EQUAL in our Father's eyes.  WORTH is given automatically, it doesn't change. We aren't worthy of something because of the things we do or don't do. People that we talk to, have relationships with, or that we simply meet on the street are all Sons and Daughters of God, with the exact same value as you and I. 
The next part of that introduction: In whom I am well pleased.  This is different for each of us.  This is based on our actions. Does Heavenly Father's love for us change? NO it doesn't. Can His happiness or pleasure for us change. Yes, it can.  Some of us would get introduced like this, This is my child, insert your name here, who I am sort of pleased with, or sometimes pleased with. Some of us would get introduced like this, this is my child, insert your name here, who I am not pleased with at all.  This one is up to us.  Our worth is not our decision, although the adversary would try to link the two together, if our Father in Heaven is unpleased with us, then we are no longer worthy of His love and affection, that is not the case.  OUR WORTH never changes and is not something that we control.
We have a loving Heavenly Father, he has told us about the things that pleases Him and the things that don't. The Ten Commandments for example: I will write them briefly as I know them from memory, this is not exactly from the scriptures. It's 2:00 and I am tired and lazy and don't want to get out of bed to look them up, so here it goes:
1. Thou shalt have no other God before me. 
     Pretty easy and straight forward...
2. Thou shalt have no graven images.
     Worship God, not our money, TV's, toys,...whatever you would put before God.
3. Thou shalt not take the Lord's name in vain.
     This is saying Oh Lord, or OMG  (I really hate that) It is so frustrating how frequently those terms are used in TV or in the movies...it goes against the things that God has asked us to do. It is "on the list" if you will.
4.  Keep the Sabbath day holy.
    Go to church, worship God. Spend it different then other days of the week.  Visit the sick, help those in need. 
5. Honour thy Father and Mother.
     This one is pretty self explanatory as well, show resect.  It doesn't mean that they are always right, but it does mean that you will honour them.
6. Thou shall not kill.
7. Thou shalt not commit adultery
8. Thou shalt not steal.
9. Thou shalt not bear false witness.
     It amazes me that this "made the list." Remember my earlier post about words and thoughts and how they effect people. I think this commandment proves that talking and thinking bad about people really does hurt them.  Why would it make the list if it weren't really important?
10. Thou shalt not covet.
    This is a good one. Don't want or try to take something that belongs to someone else.

Anyway, the things we do or don't do does effect our relationship with our Heavenly Father. It will NEVER change His love.
The good thing is, we get to choose the things we do and the way we act and we get to decide and show Him that He matters to us by the things that we do.  It is personal, it is between me and my God, and between you and yours.
So, we should always treat each other kindly and show others that we know their worth. AND act in a way that would please our Father in Heaven.

I hope that when I am introduced by my Heavenly Father, it goes something like this, This is my daughter, Sorena, whom I love dearly, in whom I am mostly pleased.

Now, I am going to sleep. I will reread this in the morning and see if it makes sense...until then, goodnight.

2 comments:

dhillman said...

I took down my comment because I had my blog address on there and I didn't want it just out there. I have noticed a few comments from people I have no clue of who they are on your comment roll!
But what I said was that "I loved your post! It is very well said. I shared a post that I wrote a while back about the same subject. Although mine was like Worth101 and your is like Worth501! :) I think our own feelings get in the way, we feel or understand our worth differently sometimes depending on our choices."
Thanks for sharing your thoughts and I will give you my post with those original thoughts through email.

Danette said...

From another blog this am:

"You told us, "God doesn't want us to stay how we are, He wants us to become Heavenly." You talked about a person you know or rather someone we all know who has at one point or another said, "God loves me just the way I am" when trying to justify their choices. I have heard it before; it rang true to my experiences. But then you made the beautiful illustration of a young child who hasn't learned everything yet. We love them just the way they are. You then said , "Of course He does (love me just the way I am), but it doesn't mean He doesn't want you to learn to talk and learn to read. We can be so thankful that God loves us enough to not leave us like this."

You went on to say that we are His work and His Glory, so on days when we don't feel so queenly, when we feel far from that, remember He is not done with us yet. "
Good article if you are interested in reading the rest
http://www.allisonkimball.com/my_weblog/2013/06/carpenters-son.html