Saturday, September 18, 2010

...a lesson learned.

We had quite a scare last night. I am glad it was JUST a scare.

I laid Andrew down by Nicolas at 10:00. I felt like I shouldn't have laid him where I did. But I ignored it.
Then Chris and I left to go get Samantha from a party. While we were driving, I thought about Andrew. It was a very strong impression, so I called the house, no one answered. I thought, "he will be ok." But then I hear, "CALL LEXI!" I thought that was strange, but I did it. I asked her to check on him.
Lexi got off the phone and was thinking, "My mom is being paranoid again." (which by the way, is a common accurance) She continued with her homework, but she felt VERY strongly that she needed to check on him. She went into the room. It was dark, he wasn't crying she thought, "he's fine." She couldn't get the light on. She was about to leave and she hear a suffocating sound. Nico had rolled over in his sleep, on top of Andrew with all of his blankets. Our bed is really soft and Andrew couldn't move.
She felt for him and only found his feet. She got Nico off of him and Andrew was still gasping. Gasping for air. She said he did it for what felt like a minute.
We walked in and Lexi was holding Andrew, I was thinking, "oh, he did wake up." But then I looked at Lexi and she was sobbing. I asked her what was going on. She relayed the story and I started crying too. Ugh!! I just wanted to hold him. Lexi wasn't done comforting him yet though. (which I thought was cute.)

Anyway...
It was extremely scary. I am glad that we listened to the promtings (in the end) and that Andrew is o.k.!! Now I just have to let go of the haunting "what ifs."

5 comments:

Me said...

Well, that is horrible and awesome all at the same time. Crazy. I am so glad he is okay.

dhillman said...

Wow! That is incredible. (Kelly and I feel like crying too!)

daisy k said...

Oh my word! How scarey - thankfully you felt the spirit and listened to it.

Unknown said...

I have goosebumps from head to toe! Happy he is ok and so happy you knew to listen to that prompting!

The Tryons said...

That is scary! So glad you felt the spirit, and glad he's okay. Oh my gosh, what an amazing story!

We had something similar happen with Kaden (not as scary though, poor Mr. Andrew!) it was absolutely his last night sleeping in bed with us (at least until he's older) - anyway, I got up really early to go to school a few weeks ago and before I left I put Kaden in the middle of the bed by Curt. Curt woke up a few hours later because his grandma called him to let him know that they had lots of extra ears of corn and wanted to know if we wanted some. He was still half asleep but he looked around for Kaden and didn't see him, but he heard a faint cry - Kaden rolled off the bed and under it! I was horrified when Curt told me. Thank goodness for his grandma, and thank goodness for extra corn! And thank goodness for resilient babies.