Monday, August 30, 2010

Christopher's first day of school.




WOW! I can't believe he has started school.
He is so excited. When I told him that he couldn't go he said to me,"Mom, you have to let me grow up." um... ok. (whaaa)

Chris took the morning off so he could take him to school too. Christopher was so cute. We got to the door, he waved, said bye,and walked in. That was it. Chris and I looked at each other and just laughed.

We walked in and watched him put his backpack away and find his spot at the table. And that was that.

After school he said he had a great day. He showed me his homework. Making circles (9 times) and he got so tired...ha ha!!!

This is going to a great year for him. He will learn and grow so much! I am excited to watch.

3 comments:

dhillman said...

I remember those first kindergarten days...and it seems it never ends, most of my time is spent preparing my kids for another step another new day at something or other! :)
I know we all like to feel needed, but you should give yourself a pat on the back and look at this way--He was obviously well prepared!

Corey and Nikki Preston said...

He is so cute, and I'm so happy that he had a good day! He is such a great cute kid, and will do so well with all of his new friends in school.

Jennifer said...

Oh sweet guy. Becca did the same thing. Actually she told me to leave at the stairs way down the hall. I told her too bad, that's not what I get to do the first day. But she did the same as Christopher. Never looking back, and ME holding in the tears (but only for a few minutes)