Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Happy Birthday to my Sister!

It is my sister's birthday! This post is going to be a shout out to her...
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

My sister is AWESOME! I can think of a few crucial times in my life that were monumental in my growth and it was Danette who was there for me...

First of all, my first year at Ricks. I know for a fact that I wouldn't have made it with out her and her Inlaws. She took me up there and helped me to get settled. I distinctly remember going to the grocery store and being so overwhelmed that I started crying. Danette helped me through it all. She helped me get groceries and get everything organized in my apartment.

Another big moment for me was the fact that she was the reason I was able to drive to Utah with Chris. I was able to get to know him and know that he was the one that I wanted to marry during that car drive. I was able to talk to her about him and have a great heart to heart.

Another time, probably about 5 years ago...I was struggling with a lot of things. Danette is the one I went to and discussed everything with. She helped me so much. She shared with me the power of music and bought me some good CD's to listen to and even a CD player. She didn't judge me or critize me at all. Just helped me through it.

We have had a lot of heart to hearts through the years and she has always been there for me. I think everyone should have a sister like her.

Happy Birthday Danette, I love you!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Aren't big sisters wonderful!! Ok, I have only one sister and she is my big sister, but I am certain if I had a younger sister I would adore and love her just the same. I am too grateful for long heart to hearts with Andrea...I always tell my girls that someday they will be best friends and have those moments with one another, it is fantastic! :)

dhillman said...

Thanks Sorena. Those were such kind words--I am grateful to have those good memories too.
I love you