Wednesday, May 6, 2009

New York: Day 4

Today we decided that we hadn't been on the subway yet or that we hadn't been in a Taxi either. We picked the subway first, the subway that we wanted wasn't running so we had to get on a subway and then take it to a main sub station and then switch and get onto a different one. It was intense. It was scary. It was all that and more. We ended up getting off in Harlem. We were wondering why everyone on the subway was looking at us so weird. We wanted to find the Temple. Turns out it is really close to Central Park and also the Museum. Hence, the Taxi!

Like everything else in NY, the Temple is built UP. There is no room to build out, so everything is 10 stories high. It is hard to find, but we did it. That was awesome. I said to Lexi, "We have to know where it is just incase we are stuck here or something bad happens, this is where we would want to get to and FAST." It just so happens that part of the Julliard Campus is across the street from the Temple so we got to see that too. We then went to the Museum of Natural History. That is where the movie "Night at the Museum" is filmed. Again, HUGE!
We were seeing "Mary Poppins" as a Matinee, it was very good and very cute. I enjoyed it, Lexi, not so much.
After the show we went to Macys. Macy's is an ENTIRE city block. No joke. It is 9 stories. I have never seen anything like it, in all my life. Alexis went to all 9 floors, just so she could say she did. hee hee. We finish all of our shopping! Bringing home some fun things...hee hee
We fouind the Ed Sullivan Theatre:
Then for our last show we saw W I C K E D !! It was Amazing, Magnificent, Incredible. I loved it so much. If I only saw that one show, I would have been satisfied with my trip. I didn't want the show to end. Alexis was 2nd row center! Me right next to her. It was FABULOUS!!
Nicole Parker played Elphaba:
I have no words to describe how good she is.Alli Mauzey played Galinda or Glinda (without the Ga) The cemistry between the two leads was something to see. I truly have never seen anything like it. I can't decide which one I liked better.
I loved the fun part of Glinda, but Elphaba won your heart. I would really LOVE, LOVE, LOVE to see them again. The same cast, I mean. I sat there and bawled like a baby during the last number. So sad it was over, so touched by the whole thing. I turned to Lexi and I was so embarrassed! I had no control over my emotions at all. We both just sunk down in our seats and said we were NEVER leaving. We were going to set up camp there and live there and watch the show over and over and over and over and over and over...you get the idea.
The trip changed me, changed something inside me...I am not afraid anymore. I used to live my life in such fear, but it is gone. I walked the streets of NY, I figured things out, it was the most amazing thing! I loved every minute. I am glad Lexi was with me too. I hope I can do something similar to this with all of my girls!

No comments: