Wednesday, November 11, 2009

November 11, 2009

I have decided that my mom must have been super valiant in the pre-existence. In the councils before we came to earth Heavenly Father said, "I am really going to test this one, she is strong, she will pass." First, she is not going to be born into a loving LDS family. Second, her dad will die when she is 8 years old (about Camille's age). Third, her stepfather will be mean to her. Fourth, her own mother will not support her. And fifth, she will live with drugs and alcohol while growing up.
I think that would give anyone an excuse to give up and not live up to their potential. (Look at her extended family) But not my mom. She is strong and she is valiant and she has accomplished A LOT!
She raised 7 children in the gospel, we are all active, we all LOVE our families, we were all sealed in the Temple. We love each other. She has served in the gospel faithfully and is now on a mission. She has made a lot of sacrifices to serve her mission. 3 Nephi 14:20 Wherefore, by their fruits ye shall know them.
Not only did she rear her own children, but many others too. We had people living with us all the time growing up or hanging out at our house and many of them had said it is because of mom and dad that they turned out the way they did.
She is a great example to me and has been the most influential person in my life. My Patriarchal Blessing talks a lot about my mom. Here is a part of it: "You will be a good wife and a good mother and you will be able to rear and care for your little children as your mother has reared and cared for you. Your mother is an honorable woman and she is like Ruth in the bible of old. She loves you with all of her heart and she is desirous that you be true, chaste, benevolent, virtuous, and that you emulate and pattern your life after the Savior."
I am GRATEFUL for my mom. I am lucky to have such a great mom and I love her SO, SO much!!
I love you mom!

2 comments:

dhillman said...

Beautiful tribute Sorena

Unknown said...

Sorena, this too brought goose bumps to me! You are a fabulous mother and daughter and you sure radiate the love your mother taught you! Thanks again for sharing!