Monday, November 9, 2009

November 9th

Today I took the kids to the Skyhawk GORGE! And yes what a gorge it was....It was like 30+ places to stop and sample food. Let's see, donut holes, potato salad, nachos, kisses, hot tamales, pizza, chicken nuggets, mashed potatoes, chocolate dipped pretzels, butterbeer, cupcakes, ice cream sundaes, snickers, meatballs, brownies, mac and cheese, apples slices and carmel, I can't think of them all. We only hit about 8 of them...my kids were overwhelmed!
Anyways, it was a Make a Wish for an 11 year old boy. So, I am thankful for 2 things from this experience...
First, That I have healthy children. I think that people with sick children are really strong. I guess they have to be, but I am still impressed by them. I am grateful for healthy children
Second, I am grateful to have a high school in my own town now. We have become such a close community now and I love all the school spirit. I am thankful for that! A new school.

So 2 things this time, but it is all about the school experience...so it's ok.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

All of your posts have made me cry..you are a great mom, friend,sister, wife and example. Thanks.

dhillman said...

What a fun activity to do! Salem has always seemed like a town with lot's of community spirit, so their own high school is perfect.